MWL Community Rules and Guidelines
Thank you for being part of MWL’s online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, MWL has established basic rules and guidelines for participation. These rules and guidelines are in addition to and incorporate, the MWL Website Use Policy located HERE.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content that are best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to connect with MWL members, further engage with the organization, benefit from the experience of your peers, and participate in timely and relevant conversations. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, MWL reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules and guidelines.
Questions should be directed to MWL directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact MWL Staff.
General Rules & Guidelines
- Respect other participants in the MWL online community. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making the post. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to everyone, especially newer guests and members.
- Respect the purpose of the MWL online community. Use the community to further connect with members and MWL, as well as to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals. In offering a referral or communicating a product or service you’ve found helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all members of a given community to see. However, information is not deemed to be held. Do not post anything that you would not want to be made public or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Anonymous posts are not allowed. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Content of this nature will result in suspension of your account, and potential expulsion from the community. Content violations will be determined by MWL Staff.
Respect intellectual property rights of others. Only post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Not all content on the Internet is in the public domain. It is generally better to use links vs reproducing the content.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it. Also, use only publicly available sites – no paid subscriptions or password-protected content.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise." If you are unsure of where to post something, please contact MWL (email@example.com).
Discussion Group Etiquette
- When posting to a community, state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link available in each message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you need assistance, contact MWL directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings in your community profile.
This online community site is provided as a service for the members of Minnesota Women Lawyers (MWL). MWL is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. MWL disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by MWL or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In no event shall MWL be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any other damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this Site or any information posted on this site.
By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material, have received permission from the copyright owner to post the material, or are providing links to publicly available information. In addition, you grant MWL a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, nonexclusive right and license to access, display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, modify, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use such material, all without any compensation to you.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement among competitors about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
MWL does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of MWL, we may investigate and reserve the right to take all appropriate action.
At its sole discretion, MWL reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules and guidelines.